Have you ever wondered why water can do such magic to our body? Not only water can boost our immune system, it can also help us losing weight! We all have heard about the importance of drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday. How come something as plain as mineral water can do so much for our health?
According to WHO’s research, our daily water intake determines the consumption of its mineral content. There are 21 mineral elements known to be essential for us, humans. Those are categorized in two groups, first includes four elements that function as anions physiologically (chlorine, phosphorus, molybdenum, and fluorine) and second elements that function in cationic forms (calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, ferrous ion, copper, zinc, manganese, and other organic molecules).
Lacking of those elements can lead to micronutrient deficiencies. And in the worst case, it can increase morbidity and mortality rate. It’s all caused by reduced immune system, and the bad condition of immune system can cause impaired mental and physical development. According to the research, there are nearly 40% women in the world estimated to be anemic. It’s caused by lacking iron. Children also fail to reach their both mental and physical potential due to inadequate iron, zinc, and copper.
Did you know that those serious problems above can probably be solved by drinking mineral water? Mineral water has mineral contents that can fulfil our nutritional needs everyday. Mineral water that comes from natural springs also known to have a high content of calcium carbonate, sodium sulphate, potassium, and magnesium sulphate. Some may also be equipped with certain gases, like hydrogen sulphide or carbon dioxide.
And what are the benefits of them?
- Maximing Physical Performance. Our muscle is 80% water. So if you want to perform the best physical performance, don’t dehydrate yourself. Optimal hydration can prevent fatigue.
- Optimizing Your Brain. Brain is highly influenced by hydration status. If you lack hydration, your brain may be impaired in many aspects, like mood and concentration.
- Preventing and Treating Headache. If you often have migraines, you may want to reconsider about your daily water intake. Dehydration can lead to headache and migraines for some people.
- Relieving Constipation. Constipation is infrequent bowel movements that cause difficulty passing stool. If it happens, increase your fluid intake. Water can soften the stool and boost your metabolism. A high metabolism means frequent and healthy bowel movements.
- Helping Weight Loss. It’s because drinking many glasses of water everyday can increase satiety as well as boost metabolism. Drinking 2 liters of water daily can boost the total energy expenditure by up to 96 calories everyday.